The Wapello County voting locations for January 26th’s special election were announced by the county auditor’s office.
Republican Adrian Dickey of Packwood and Democrat Mary Stewart of Ottumwa will be vying for the State Senate seat in District 41 that was vacated by Marianette Miller-Meeks, who was elected to the U.S. House this past November.
District 41 covers most of Wapello and Jefferson County and all of Davis and Van Buren County. Some Wapello County residents live in District 40 and will not be eligible to vote in this election. Any residents unsure of which district they live in can contact the auditor’s office.
The following voting locations will be open from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM on January 26th for the special election. Eligible voters can choose any location.
- Agency Community Center – 102 W. Main St.
- IHCC-Advanced Technology Center – 525 Grandview Ave. (*Entrance #15)
- Bridge View Center – 102 Church St.
- Hickory Grove Community Church – 3929 U.S. Hwy 63
- Great Prairie AEA – 2814 N. Court Rd.
- Wapello County Courthouse – 101 W. 4th St.
- Eldon Library Hall – 608 W. Elm St.