Fire prompts motel evacuation

0
590

A small electrical fire Saturday morning prompted the evacuation of the Colonial Motor Inn on Albia Road. Deputy Chief Cory Benge says that firefighters quickly knocked out the fire, which was contained mostly to insulation in the attic. Power had to be cut to the building, but electricians were on site restoring power within about an hour of the original call. Pending a Health & Inspections Department inspection, residents were expected to be let back into their individual units shortly.