Fire closes Burger King

0
227

(Ottumwa)— Breakfast was cut short at a fast food restaurant in Ottumwa Monday morning.

The Ottumwa Fire Department was called to Burger King at Quincy Place Mall around 9:00 a.m.

Firemen say the fire occurred in the kitchen area of the eatery.  Specifically the fire started in a broiler  hood.  Employees say a sprinkler system was activated, but for some reason the fire did not go completely out forcing firemen to go back to the restaurant a second time.

The restaurant is expected to reopen on Wednesday.  There were no injuries.