Fire At First Church Of The Nazarene

0
1235

A fire early Wednesday morning caused significant damage to an Ottumwa church.

According to a press release, on Wednesday June 29, 2022 at 4:33 A.M., the Ottumwa Fire Department responded to a call of a building fire at 701 Ellis Ave, location of the First Church Of The Nazarene. All on duty firefighters responded with two fire engines; engine 2 located at Station 2 arrived four minutes after being dispatched and engine 3 from Central Station arrived six minutes after being dispatched.

Firefighters arrived on scene to find heavy smoke emitting from the building, with the firefighters initiating an “offensive fire attack” going directly to the source of the flames. The fire was knocked down within five minutes of arrival. Due to the heavy smoke conditions, it took an additional thirty minutes to evacuate all of the remaining smoke from the building.

Once the fire was determined to be out a fire investigation ensued. The cause of the fire was determined to be a faulty electrical circuit in a junction box located in an interior wall in the basement. The church was insured, and the damage is estimated to be more that $100,000.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments