The City of Ottumwa has announced the list of closings and service changes for the upcoming holiday weekend.
Independence Day falls on Monday, July 4, and the city has released the list of closings and service changes for the long weekend. They are as follows:
- City of Ottumwa departments and offices at City Hall will be closed Monday, July 4th. The City Building Code and Inspections Dept. will operate on reduced holiday hours; 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Tuesday through Friday that week.
- Ottumwa Water and Hydro Offices will be closed on Monday, July 4th.
- The Ottumwa, Calvary and Jewish Cemetery office at 1302 N. Court will be closed July 4th.
- The Ottumwa Public Library will be closed on Monday, July 4th.
- The Ottumwa/Wapello Recycling Center and Landfill will be open until Noon on Saturday, July 2nd and closed Monday, July 4th.
- Monday’s trash and recycling will be collected on Tuesday, July 5th. All yard waste, bulky items, and County trash and recycling will be collected on Thursday, July 7th.
- The Beach Ottumwa WILL BE OPEN on Independence Day, Noon to 8 PM, park hours are subject to change due to weather.