An Ottumwa man faces charges from multiple counties after an ongoing burglary investigation led authorities to stolen items that allegedly linked to him.
On April 20th, the Wapello County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant at a residence on Cliffland Road in Ottumwa. Deputies located and seized the following:
- a stolen Dodge Dakota from Lee County
- a stolen car trailer from Davis County
- a stolen ATV from Wapello County
- a stolen firearm from Wapello County
- a large quantity of tools from another burglary in Wapello County
Michael Moots, 38, was arrested on April 23rd and charged with three counts of second-degree theft, first-degree burglary, and third-degree theft.
Moots was transported to the Wapello County Jail and was freed after posting bond.
Moots was also arrested by the Davis County Sheriff’s Office. He was charged with three counts of third-degree burglary, second-degree theft, third-degree theft, and two counts of criminal mischief.